QBE Budget International Policy
Budget travel insurance with reduced levels of cover for just the essentials while travelling overseas. Available to cover trips as short as 4 days or as long as 24 months.
Get a quote
- Budget cover for the essentials when travelling light, with reduced policy benefits and insured limits
- Most amateur sports covered - including scuba diving, bungee jumping, and white water rafting (excluded activities can be found in the product disclosure statement)
- Optional Snow Sports Package can be added to the policy for cover while skiing or snowboarding and additional ski benefits
- Policies can be extended as many times as you like up to a maximum duration of 24 months (subject to approval where there are claims made or pending)
- An excess of $100 applies to each separate event that gives rise to a claim under the policy
Budget travel insurance
The QBE Budget International Policy is available to travellers who are under 60 on the date that the trip is to commence (the policy is only available to permanent residents of NZ through Travel Insurance Cover). Policies have a maximum initial duration of 12 months, but can be extended for a further 12 months if required, with no limit on the number of times a policy can be extended up to a maximum total duration of 24 months. Cover must be purchased prior to departing on the trip, and is not available to travellers who are already overseas. A money back guarantee of 21 days applies, allowing travellers to cancel the policy if the trip hasn't commenced and it is no longer required.
No cover for existing medical conditions
The QBE Budget International Policy does not cover existing medical conditions as defined in the product disclosure statement. If you require cover for existing medical conditions you may wish to consider the QBE Leisure International Policy.
Budget policies can be extended an unlimited number of times up to a maximum total duration of 24 months from the initial date of departure from NZ (provided that no claims have been made or are pending). Where a claim has been made or is pending, approval from QBE is required before the policy can be extended. Approval can be arranged by contacting our office. Extensions can only be arranged within 30 days of the current policy expiry date, and policies cannot be extended once they have expired.
Arrange a policy now and save 30%
Click through below to get a quote with an automatic 30% discount. It generally takes 10-15 minutes to purchase a policy online, and you will receive the Certificate of Insurance at the end of the booking process.
Get a quote
Full terms and conditions can be found in the product disclosure statement.